Notice of Firmware Update for TX-NR708
A firmware update for the TX-NR708 network A/V receiver is available through the unit’s network connection or USB input. Please note that new firmware updates replace, and include all content from, previous updates. The latest update includes the following content:
Latest Firmware Number (16 digits): 1091-1100-0010-2103
As of 5 July 2012
- Improves the operation when HDMI Through is set to on;
- Stabilizes the operation of Network Control;
As of 28 March 2012
- Improves noise during playback of DTS-HD Master Audio with particular Blu-ray disc;
As of 26 September 2011
- Adds support of Onkyo Remote App for Android.
*it is also necessary to update the App.
As of 11 November 2010
- Improves the playback of particular wav file;
- Corrects intermittent activation of Auto Power Down function during playback in NET/USB mode;
As of 28 October 2010
- Stabilizes the initializing process when [NET/USB] mode is activated on a busy network;
- Improves the playback speed of certain VBR (Variable Bit Rate) MP3 files.
As of 12 August 2010
- Stabilizes Network Upgrade when unit is not in [NET/USB] mode;
- Stabilizes "Now Initializing" process when in [NET/USB] mode;
- Improves the retrieval performance in preprogramming of remote controller codes for connected devices;
- Stabilizes operation immediately after power is turned on (addresses problem of no sound output after A/V receiver has been in Standby mode for an extended time with network control enabled);
- Displays a specific error message when any error occurs during Internet radio playback;
- Improves audio performance when Audio TV Out is set to On;
- Stabilizes picture output just after a source component (DVD player, VCR, etc.) connected via Component switches the output format between NTSC and PAL;
- Enhances the operability of NET-related functions;
- Improves appearance of On-Screen Display.
Precautions for TX-NR708 Firmware Update
- Please read the update instructions carefully before beginning.
- The firmware update should take 30 to 40 minutes. Once the update begins, don't turn off the power supply to the A/V receiver until it is time to restart it.
- Depending on the conditions of the network, a firmware update via a network may take more than one hour or even fail to finish. If the update is not completed within two hours, turn off the power supply by pushing the ON/STANDBY button and then try updating again from the beginning.
- Updating the firmware and adjusting the settings will be done automatically, but may take some time to complete. Please follow the procedures as instructed when you update. Note that the update may fail, or cause problems for your A/V receiver, if you do any of the following:
- Pull out the A/V receiver’s power cord;
- Interrupt the power supply to the A/V receiver (e.g. if the breaker is tripped or if there is an electrical outage);
- Insert or remove the LAN cable from a device in your network when updating over a network;
- Insert or remove a USB memory device from the A/V receiver when updating via USB;
- Operate components connected to the A/V receiver via HDMI, such as a TV or a recording device.
If your A/V receiver is damaged for any of the reasons above, an Onkyo service center will repair the unit for a fee.
How to Install Firmware Update for TX-NR708
Click below for instructions on how to install the update. Instructions cover (1) direct update over network connection and (2) update via USB.
Click below to download the firmware update to your PC, for subsequent installation on your receiver via its USB port.